Saturday, April 28, 2012

DIY Wall Letters





Now, out of all the projects I have done, I think this one was probably the most fun. It also gives you so much room to be creative and add your own personal touch. There really are so many different things you can do to decorate these, both for a boy's and girl's room. I made these letters for my oldest daughter's room. She wanted them to be girly, but not too over-the-top. I had been browsing websites and saw similar ones selling for $10 and up for each letter. I almost certainly was not going to pay $50 for something that I could make myself for a lot more inexpensive! Pottery Barn sells some adorable ones, but they didn't really have what I was looking for. That's when....DING DING!!! I decided to make them myself!!
The letters, however, I did not make. I bought them at Michael's for $1.99 per letter. I already had acrylic paint which is what I used to paint them. I did buy some glitter dust, which was $1 for a small packet, but was plenty for what I was using it for. I also purchased from Michael's some pink scrapbooking flowers ($2.99) to add on each of the letters. I won't go into details on the steps I did to make this, as it is pretty self-explanatory. But please feel free to comment if you have any questions that I may answer. I hope you have fun with this project and if you are making them for your little one, have them help out too! 


TOOLS NEEDED:
*Pre-cut letters (any size)
*Acrylic paint
*Glitter
*Small craft paint brushes and/or sponges
*Embellishments of your choice
*Hot glue gun
*Velcro for wall hanging or some nails and a hammer



No comments:

Post a Comment